Anyone else think “blogging” is the marketing world’s ultimate buzzword for the past few years? Take a look at this sample list of what industry leaders are saying about blogging for business success.
- Hubspot: Why Blog? The Benefits of Blogging for Business and Marketing
- Social Media Today: 10 Benefits of Blogging for Business and Marketing
- Small Business Trends: 10 Tips for Branding, Blogging and Social Media Marketing
- Marketo: 10 Reasons Every Business Should Consider Adding a Blog to Their Website
- Forbes: Don’t Give Up Blogging: Your Business Is Counting On It
You might be thinking “who would follow, comment and share our blog?” It’s important to remember that a business blog is about making information accessible to the right audience when they are considering a purchase, or, in this case, deciding if your community could be the home of their new branch location. The goal of a business blog isn’t to go viral or get hundreds of hilarious comments and shares, but to provide thoughtful information to inform the decision-making process.
As an economic developer, any valuable information you can provide your audiences — mainly site selectors — in their search for a new location will help increase the likelihood of your city or county making their short list. Blogs are an important part of your overall website strategy. They offer a vital medium to share data and establish your community as a serious contender in their search for a new headquarters or secondary location. Blogs also improve your search engine optimization (SEO), driving traffic to your website. If your goal as an economic developer is to increase awareness of who you are and what your site has to offer, consider the following blogging tactics.