It’s not often you can say with authority that your campaign was one of the best in the world, but that’s the news from MP&F.
The 2018 Global SABRE Awards winners have been announced, and we’re a winner! The “Don’t Be An Accidental Drug Dealer” campaign we have worked on with our client BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee has been named one of the 40 best PR campaigns in the world for 2018.
The Holmes Report’s SABRE Awards competition received over 5,500 entries from more than 60 countries in the Americas, Africa, the Asia-Pacific region, Europe and the Middle East. A total of 40 campaigns were recognized. The Report calls the winners of the Global awards “the elite of the elite, representing best practices in categories ranging from social media to social responsibility, from public affairs to employee communications.”
As one of the winners, MP&F stands alongside public relations heavyweights such as Edelman, FleishmanHillard, APCO Worldwide, Weber Shandwick, Burson-Marsteller and Ogilvy. This also comes on the heels of this campaign winning PRSA’s Best of Silver Anvil at the June celebration. So we are doubly proud.
This is the 15th award this campaign has received since it launched in August 2016. BlueCross and MP&F will travel to Washington, D.C., on Oct. 24 to receive this award during a ceremony celebrating the best of the best worldwide.
The accolades we are receiving for this campaign are incredible, but the most rewarding aspect of the campaign is seeing the number of people who were willing to take three simple steps to help combat the opioid issue in Tennessee.
The Holmes Report, founded in 2000, is the authoritative voice of the global public relations industry, dedicated to proving and improving the value of public relations by providing insight, knowledge and recognition to public relations professionals.
Complete List of 2018 Global SABRE Winners
- #ForceofNature: Making the Outdoors the Largest Level Playing Field—REI with Edelman
- #toocoolforplastics—Iceland with Weber Shandwick
- Aflac “Outducks” a Reputational Deficit—Aflac with FleishmanHillard, Ken Willis Inc., Carol Cone On Purpose and Marina Maher Communications
- All Ages, All Races, All Genders: Helping MAC Cosmetics Continue Its Diversity & Inclusion Journey—MAC Cosmetics with Praytell Agency
- American Greetings Give Meaning—American Greetings with MullenLowe
- Bar On The Edge—Brewdog with Manifest New York
- Be Real’: Microsoft Pirates A Celebrity—Microsoft with Echo Myanmar
- Be Vocal: Speak Up for Mental Health—Sunovion Pharmaceuticals Inc. with Biosector 2
- BK LOVING IT—BURGER KING Deutschland GmbH with Emanate GmbH and Grabarz & Partner Werbeagentur GmbH
- Blood Normal—Libresse with Ketchum
- Building Honda’s Reputation in Washington, D.C. as the Most Effective Foreign-Owned Carmaker—Honda North America with APCO Worldwide
- Carnival Corporation Rallies the Industry to Show THE CARIBBEAN IS OPEN—Carnival Corporation with LDWW
- Chando “Beautiful Surgery Lines” Campaign—JALA Group Company with Shanghai Soho Square Advertising Co., Ltd.
- Changing Housework from a JOB to JOY—Procter and Gamble Japan K.K. with Dentsu Inc. and Dentsu Public Relations Inc.
- Check Your Balls—Young Cancer / Ung Cancer with Cohn & Wolfe
- The Color of Inclusion—Mattel, UNO with Weber Shandwick
- Communicating Values in the Fourth Industrial Revolution—Salesforce with Zeno Group and Nectar
- Don’t Be An Accidental Drug Dealer – A Campaign To Combat Tennessee’s Opioid Epidemic—BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee with MP&F Strategic Communications
- Eclipsing the Eclipse—Royal Caribbean International with Weber Shandwick
- Evereve Turns #DressLikeAMom Into The Ultimate Compliment—Evereve with Carmichael Lynch Relate
- Finlandia by Forest Machines—Neste and Ponsse with Kurio
- Ford KSA: Women in the Driving Seat—Ford Middle East with ASDA’A Burson-Marsteller
- Kaan’s Stream Store – The World’s First Livestream Store—ABN AMRO with NewsLab, Buutvrij and UM
- Life Uncensored—Pfizer with Ogilvy SA
- Making Meaningful Connections: A Tinder Couple Goes Viral—Tinder with M Booth
- Medtronic Puts 5,000 Employees First in Wake of Hurricane Maria—Medtronic
- Mr. Clean, the Undisputed Winner of the Super Bowl—P&G Mr. Clean with Citizen Relations
- The One Chip Challenge—Paqui with Olson Engage
- Our Freedom Is (Still) Not Granted—O2 Czech Republic, O2 Slovakia with Triad Advertising (SVK), Seesame (SVK) and FleishmanHillard (CZ)
- P&G “The Talk”—P&G’s My Black Is Beautiful with EGAMI Group
- Palau Pledge—The Palau Legacy Project with Host/Havas and Red Agency
- Project Horizon: One of the Biggest Mergers in the Region, Delivered Successfully—Mubadala Investments Company
- “Seu Leite Pode Salvar Vidas”—Unilever l Baby Dove with In Press Porter Novelli
- Shell Emotion Tracking—Shell with Edelman
- Siemens AirDrop—Siemens South Africa with Atmosphere Communications together with the King James Group Companies
- Sound So Loud You Can See It—Sony with Hope&Glory
- Tinta Para el Alma—Payless Shoesource Costa Rica with CCK
- Tostitos Party Safe Bags—Frito-Lay with Ketchum
- Vicks ‘Touch of Care’ that Moved Millions—P&G Vicks with 20:20 MSL
- When Jailbirds Sang—Godrej Locking Solutions and Systems with Adfactors PR